I missed my holiday

Well today was a holiday for my children and for me; however, Mom Taxi has been on the move since Friday, the 5th and this is the first time I can honestly say I am resting.  Not rested, resting. 

Saturday, Feb. 6th, my 3 dahling kids and I were on our way to UC Berkeley having to be there at 9:30 a.m.  My oldest and his class mates in the YEAH program had a powerpoint presentation to give that would be judged by several executives of companies. My son, who had been sick for 2 days and off of school did a pretty good job.  His team ended up winning 2nd place.  Not bad! Last summer his team won first place.  I was proud of him.  We then drove to Richmond to pick up my sister and then all 5 of us went to IHop and had a great brunch.  We had a good time.  The kids are so funny, they each have great senses of humors and love to laugh and talk and tell tall tales. I love ’em to death.  My daughter insisted that she needed glasses and my middle son who needs them insisted that he did not.  My oldest son was busy laughing and coughing – he was still a little sick.  My sister loves the kids and she laughed and also told tall tales. They laughed.  We then all piled back into the van and I drove back to Tracy and finished my poem that I was asked to write for the African American celebration we were having on church on Sunday.  That took about 2 hours. After that I came downstairs and the tv’s, rap cd’s and talking was way off the charts.  So loud that I was irritated.  I tried to act like it was ok, however everyone knew I was irritated.  My sister, who  smokes would frequently go in and out to smoke on the back patio. She does not cook while she is at my home and I am there and she does not drive. She loves the kids and they love her.  I love her also. After years of strife we are both growing up enough to know that life is entirely too short and we had better get a group on who we are as individuals and not always expect that we are going to be just alike.  She got it and I got it.  We are now really enjoying each others company. After all of this I cooked dinner, and everyone ate.  I was exhausted however when I was ready to print my poem around 7 p.m. I discovered that I was out of ink.  I jumped back into the van taxi and went to Best Buy. Walked in and picked up #92 and #93 ink and left. Installed the black and white ink and printed.  I then walked upstairs to my room and took a shower.  Then the kids wanted to play scrabble. I played.  The tv was still to loud for me.  We then all fell into bed and voila the alarm rang.  It was Sunday and I had to get up early because I had to help cook breakfast at the church and had to be there at 8 a.m. I was there.  I cooked with another sister at the church and served the Sunday school folks about 20 people.  By then it was time for church to begin at 9:30 a.m. I had to read my piece.  I did and it is called for momma and ‘dem . I received a standing ovation.  I liked the piece.  I then came home and it was SuperBowl Sunday so that meant snacks and food people over unexpected. I left at 1 to take my sister back to Richmond, I was  back in Tracy in time for the game at 3:30 p.m. The tv was too loud and I was tired.  I sat on the couch, watched the game, nodded and snacked.  It was a good game! The Saints won! When the game was over, I cleaned up, went upstairs and took a shower and got into the bed.  Pop up again at 6:45 a.m. my eyes.  The kids have a 8 a.m. dental appt. (all 3) My older son has a 10:10 a.m. dr.appt. for his sore knee, and then my middle son has an eye exam at 1:30. I then come home finally and re-heat dinner. I then take my daughter has gymnastics at 7 p.m., my older son has basketball practice at 7p.m. and then I pick up my daughter at 8:15 from gymnastics and bring her home and then go back and pick up my son at 9:215 p.m. WE get home at 9:30 and I make sure the younger 2 are in the bed and the older gets to bed by  10 p. m. I take a shower, wrap a present that I picked up for one of my coworkers housewarming and then make sure the house is locked.  I type.  I will retire by 55 and I will find the time to make it all worked.  This past 1 1/2 weeks has been intense and this upcoming week promises to be more of the same.  I am happy.  I am blessed and I am loved.  My children had a great weekend and I had a productive one.  God is good.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: